4 Powell Road
My specialism is lateral thinking, resolving the complexity encountered in the world with reductive poetic logic. I intertwine commercial and cultural practice: responding to the paradox of daily life and the complexities of project assignments. I seek focused solutions that feel inevitable. I get there by starting at the beginning, asking why, what if… then making sense of the things I find with radical acceptance and by embracing truth.
Please follow me on Instagram. I am reposting works, exploring the things I have made over the past twenty years in preparation for the next twenty years.
Mobile Phone Performance/Lecture
• Please leave your mobile phone switched on
• If your phone rings, answer and inform the caller you are in a lecture
• The duration of the performance will be one hour and fifteen minutes
• I will silently present a portfolio of projects
• I will play music from my Ipod on shuffle
• I will take questions via my mobile phone
• I will be silent unless answering a question
• For the performance to progress it is reliant upon you asking questions
• I will skip forward to another track if I don't like a particular song
• If the discussion gets boring please call and interrupt
• I will be editing questions and only answering good ones
• My number is +44 (0)7811 177965
Thank you Daniel Eatock
This text was printed on A4 sheets and handed to people as they entered the theatre.
Thursday 13 November 2003
Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design Cochran Theatre, London
If you would like to commission this lecture for a College/School/University call my mobile.